CoffeeSock - Austin

Monday, February 17, 2020


The CoffeeSock, made in Austin, is a reusable coffee filter made out of organic cotton. I’ve been excited to try them out so I can determine what my favorite alternative filter over paper is. I’ve used a metal filter before, in search of a less wasteful option, but didn’t favor it. The CoffeeSock comes in a pack of two filters, which can be used for a full year, making this a more sustainable choice. The concept is simple enough, as long as you can commit to cleaning your filter right after brewing. When the filter gets too oily or used, it can be boiled in water.

 I’ve only had mine for a few weeks now, but I can’t wait to see how they hold up! The only difference that’s been clear so far is that with the CoffeeSock, the water runs through the coffee grounds faster. The brew tastes the same or possibly better, depending on your preference, than with paper filters. 

Join the conversation!

© Chicago Coffee. Design by FCD.