Beans from The Elk - New York, NY

Sunday, October 5, 2014


While in New York, I had to buy some coffee beans to bring back home. Sadly, I only had the money to buy one bag. (towards the end of the trip.) We stopped into The Elk, in the West Village, to see what they had to offer.

The place was cute and I wish I would have had time to actually sit down with a cup of coffee. Instead, since they were close to closing, I settled on buying some beans. I picked the Blueboon blend, which the barista said was the best. 

The taste notes are:
"simple flavors of milk chocolate, sweet citrus, and stone fruits."

I usually go for the blends that have a mix of chocolate and fruit because they always end up tasting good. This bag didn't disappoint. The only problem is trying to buy more of them now that I'm in Chicago again...

Join the conversation!

© Chicago Coffee. Design by FCD.