Recipe No.001 - Turmeric Latte

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

For the first recipe, I’m starting with a turmeric latte. I’ve been seeing it everywhere and figured I would try a variation of my own.

For my turmeric latte I include espresso, although the origins of this Indian drink are without caffeine. Also called golden milk, it’s ingredients classically include tumeric, ginger, and ground black pepper. This drink has so many benefits like reducing inflammation and being full of antioxidants. So if you’re looking for a slightly less caffeinated espresso drink to make at home, this could be it. 


Ingredients:
1. Ground Espresso (optional) - 1 shot
2. Ground Turmeric - 3 tablespoons
3. Milk - 1 1/2 cups (I used cashew milk, but this is up to your preference)
4. Ground Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
5. Honey (for sweetening)
6. Ground Black Pepper - a pinch! 

Components:
1. Espresso Maker. My favorite is my Bialetti that makes espresso for two.
2. Bean Grinder. Optional if you don’t have one at home.
3. Stovetop pan
4. Stainless steel bowl or pitcher.
5. Milk frother

Recipe:
1. Brew espresso.
2. Heat up milk on stovetop. As it heats, stir in tumeric, cinnamon, and pepper.
3. Combine espresso and milk.
4. For some foamy milk on top, use leftover milk and spice mixture. Mix up in stainless steel bowl or pitcher with milk frother.
5. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top!



Join the conversation!

© Chicago Coffee. Design by FCD.